Creating a special “You’ve Been Booed” yard card is all about connecting with friends and neighbors while spreading Halloween joy.
I made lots of fun Halloween mini garlands when I worked at BomBoms, but now that I’m working Yune Yard Cards I’m having a LOT more fun this spooky season. It’s not even October yet, and I’ve only owned Yune Yard Cards for about 2 weeks now.
Having said that, You’ve Been Booed is my FAVORITE Yard Card setup I’ve done thus far!
As the person out there staking the yard, I get a chance to:
- Add goodies & treat bags
- Share unexpected joy (the absolute best kind)!
How to book a Boo 👻:
- First, decide who you’re going to send it to!
- family members
- …maybe even your own kiddos!
- Next, determine your budget. I researched what most yard card companies do before choosing my offerings. Yune Yard Cards offers:
- baby boo at $35
- basic boo at $45
- big boo at $85
- Most yard card companies have comparable options as well! Are you NOT in the Yune Yard Cards service area? Bummer. Reach out to your local yard card company to see if they have different offerings!
- Last, pick a date you’d want to boo the yard!
- This is important because you want to make sure you’re not sending a yard card when neighbors are out of town. You’ve Been Booed yard cards are a fun weekday activity. There’s not much better than coming home from a long day of work to a sweet surprise.
What happens after you book:
- After you’ve confirmed all of your details using the form when booking, you’re all taken care of! All you have to do is wait until your chosen day!
- The yard card company arrives at the designated location on the evening, or early morning, of your designated date. Signs will be staked in the yard. Treats will be placed at the door.
- All You’ve Been Booed setups include a sign with a brief, cute explanation. Here’s what my You’ve Been Booed sign says:
- “You’ve been BOOed, now what do you do? You pass on the BOO to a neighbor or two! We’ve added some tricks, and we’ve added some treats. Hope you enjoy the BOO and some Halloween sweets.”
When should I book a Boo?
Whenever you want! I opened up You’ve Been Booed for orders as soon as I acquired Yune Yard Cards in mid-September. I will stop taking orders for Big Boos on October 15th. I’ll keep my books open for Baby Boos and Basic Boos for the entire months of September & October.
How much notice is needed to book a boo?
Some yard card companies charge rush fees for same-week bookings. Personally, I’m thrilled with my inventory and confident that I can fulfill most “last-minute” orders.
For Yune Yard Cards, as long as you order within 24 hours of the installation date there will NOT be a rush fee at this time. That might change in the future, but any time I have the capacity to fulfill an order and make someone’s day… I’m going to do exactly that! It’s just who I am as a person.
If you do incur a rush fee, it will be $20 to cover the time spent going back to headquarters for supplies, signs, and treats. I don’t see that happening very often for You’ve Been Booed setups in 2023.
What makes You’ve Been Booed yard cards different from other yard cards?
I think this is the game changer for me, and what has made me really passionate about You’ve Been Booed yard cards.
Most of the celebrations that yard cards are ordered for are planned celebrations. Birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, dates that you’d place on your calendar and be aware of (whether you expect a celebration or not).
You’ve Been Booed is totally random. Maybe even a bit impulsive. It’s joy and love and happiness sent to neighbors and family members at a somewhat unexpected season. Christmas is the season of giving, but Halloween is a holiday that tends to get a bit construed.
When you book a You’ve Been Booed yard card you’re choosing to spread joy. Regardless of your preferences for trick or treating, dressing up, Halloween parties, or things like that. You’re intentionally sending joy in an unexpected way, on an unexpected date, and there’s just something really special about that.
Have you booked a You’ve Been Booed yard card? What did you think?!
Thanks for stopping by to check out Easiest Party Ever!
I’m a girl mom, former balloon artist, and wife who found myself as a serial entrepreneur in the party business niche. You can learn more about how I started my balloon business in my small town of 12,000 people and scaled it to a 6 figure company here. You can check out my Yard Card business here.
Want to learn more about the digital products and courses I create for other entrepreneurs to succeed? Check out my shop! I’m constantly working on creating valuable information for anyone who wants to start and scale a business from the ground up.