It’s easy: “Thanks for booking!” Ok… it’s a little more detailed than that.
Thanks for Booking Strategy:
- Triple-check that I’m spelling my client’s name correctly. As a Hanna born in the very early 90’s amongst alllllll of the Hannahs… I have a soft spot for spelling.
- Take accountability for the project and share my excitement.
- Confirm that the necessary details are in place. I prefer to confirm these during the booking process using an online lead form, to ensure I’m not forgetting anything or scrambling the night before.
- Share information to help the client feel informed about what to expect regarding future communications.
- If possible, I go ahead and set pickup or delivery expectations!
- I thank them… twice! I don’t have a business without clients that book, so this is important to me.
My “Thanks for Booking” Script
“Hey [Client’s Name]!
Thanks for choosing us to sprinkle some party magic! I’m really excited to help bring your vision to life.
It looks like you’ve shared all the details regarding the theme, colors & date for installation or pickup during the booking process- that’s fantastic! I’ll share a photo of your balloon garland a few hours before your scheduled pickup or delivery.
If you’re picking up, you’ll do so at 710 W Canal St. Picayune, MS. I’ll share the code for the door when I send a photo of your balloons. 🎈
Thank you for supporting my family’s small business!
Disclaimers & Details
- Choose to infuse that it’s my “family’s” small business. It helps clients to understand that I’m a human providing a service, not just a product purchased with next-day shipping on Amazon.
- Confirm details during the booking process using an online lead form, to ensure I’m not forgetting anything or scrambling the night before. I’ll likely still scramble because of who I am as a person, but at least my client isn’t involved in my mayhem.
- Set expectations regarding when we will be setting up, how I’ll reach out in the future, where items will be located, and ANYTHING that can set the client’s mind at ease. As an anxious soul myself, I have a desire to ask “What on God’s Green Earth” at least a few hundred times myself. Having a plan that the client can refer to, without relying on yourself or automation to send that info later is critical for everyone’s happiness.
Why do I trust my strategy?
I’ve worked in digital marketing, focusing on client success, for over a decade. You could say I’m a servant at heart. I’m also an overstimulated mom who owns my businesses & makes my schedule.
I’m obsessed with how I make others feel, so I had to make a system that works for me. You can learn more about that system in my mini-course.
My mini-course shares 15 tried & true responses that I created for my first small business to foster 100% online sales and communications.
I’ve since adapted these client responses to work for countless other business concepts and clients. I’m certain they will work for you, too.