Looking into yard card rentals? Just wondering what a “yard card” is? This post will share what yard cards are, why I LOVE yard card businesses, and who actually uses yard cards. Since initially writing this post, I purchased a yard card business! You can check it out over at Yard Card Ninjas.com
What’s a “Yard Card”
A yard card is a sign that’s staked into a yard, or sometimes placed on a stand, to create a message. This is typically a message celebrating an event, sharing a message in a public area, or acting as decor for events or holidays.
The concept really grew in my area as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, when celebrations were sometimes a drive-by scenario, but I think that they’ve actually existed for quite some time!
Why I LOVE yard card businesses
In a lot of ways yard card rentals are similar to balloon business. It’s the service industry, so you’re working with the public. It takes a bit of manual labor to get these installed- staking yards or assembling stands. At the end of the day, though, yard cards are celebrating life in an artsy way!
There’s just something about that process that brings me immense joy. Whether it’s my party or someone else’s.
Who even uses yard cards?
This is where the options are endless. Whether you’re reading this post because you’re considering creating your own equipment rental business or you’re just wondering who on earth would even rent such a frivolous thing… this is the place for you.
- I like to order a yard-card to make an actual birthday feel a bit more special. Birthday party days rarely happen on the actual birthday. I’m here for any way that I can add a bit more love and celebration to my life!
- I’m friends with a yard card business owner, as a result of my balloon business. She often finds herself placing the yard cards on a stand as a backdrop for:
- public forums
- Basically anywhere where they might not want to create or maintain a backdrop long term.
- Yard cards are often used around my small town to share a sale and get customers to stop by in-person.
- They’re also used to celebrate sales associate’s birthdays publicly (a great way to get customers in the door to tell the birthday girl or boy hello).
- Business Anniversary! A huge win for a brick and mortar business.
- For my wedding, I would’ve loved to have a few signs along the road to reassure my guests that they’re heading in the right direction. It’s also helpful when you have a party that’s a bit off the beaten path. Yard cards are really good at catching people’s attention so it makes navigation a LOT easier.. and more reliable than, say, a helium balloon tied somewhere.
- Since yard cards are made from higher quality / typically more colorful materials than a poster or chalkboard, they tend to show up better at night when you’re counting on a car’s headlights to pick up the signal. They’re really made to show up and show out!