A Red White & TWO party theme is so much fun! With the colors in the title, it’s really easy to make this theme absolutely perfect whether your guest of honor is turning two or fifty two!
A Red White & TWO party is perfect for toddlers that celebrate their birthday near:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Labor Day
- OR Independence Day!
It’s a true summer classic, and a lot of fun for anyone feeling patriotic, military families, and birthdays near those holidays!
This party theme is a little bit groovy, super patriotic, and absolutely adorable for a toddler turning two! Some families even host a Red White & Two party for their 4 year old (since it’s 2×2) or twenty two or fifty two or… you get the gist. 🙂
I loved this custom banner because it gave the theme a little more to work with (like donuts & top hats)!
Check out our themed shirt we ordered for the little ones! Aren’t they cute?
I love a balloon garland kit with lots of dimension!
I found cake and cupcake toppers on Amazon for a great price to bring it all together!
- Fully custom invitations! This printable on Etsy is a reputable seller. You can download, edit & print your invites same day!
- Red White & TWO plastic cups! These offer the option to add your little one’s name to give it a special touch. You can use them for refreshments the day of the party, OR for party favors!
- I really like these patriotic sunglasses that give guests an option to embrace your theme in style!
- This high chair banner is perfect if you’re wanting to add a smash cake into the mix for your toddler!
- For little boys (maybe brothers or cousins supporting the birthday babe?) I love this dinosaur Red White & TWO patriotic raglan tee!
- For girls, this tutu Red White & TWO outfit is so darned cute!
Helpful Setup information:
For this Red White & TWO party, we built a balloon garland. Balloon garlands can be a major project to tackle on your own. To make this party as simple as possible, I highly recommend hiring a balloon designer. If you really want to DIY the process, check out my guide that shares how to build a balloon garland!
My Red White & TWO party has a few different decor options. From streamers and garlands to tablecloths & cardboard cupcake tiered trays… decor needs to be setup properly to ensure a smooth, easy party. I share a guide on how to secure your party decor the right way, based on the surface and environment where you’re setting up!
I start setting up my balloon garlands a week before and store them. I talk more about that process in my how to build a balloon garland guide. I hung the backdrop for our pictures and cake table the night before at the lake. I added all extras the morning of the party in a somewhat chaotic scramble. I prefer to prepare as much as possible beforehand, but sometimes parties just don’t work out like that!
This particular party I decorated for was a family oriented party, where we had lots of ages and stages of life in one small space. It’s a little tricky, but I think we nailed it! I’m still working on my checklist for toddler parties, but I’ll share some details about what I think is important for a Red, White & TWO toddler party below!
Equipment can have a big impact on how a party turns out. I talk a lot more about appropriate furniture, add-ons, and equipment to use in my checklists for age appropriate party prepping above.
For Red, White & TWO I’d like to use the following items to keep things smooth for little one’s special day:
- Soft play setup: to keep little ones entertained & safely contained!
- High chair: for smash cake!
- Toddler friendly water slide
- Yard Card in the front yard/event space so that guests know they’re in the right place!
Red, White & TWO tip
Pro budgeting tip: snag patriotic door after a major holiday when everything is on clearance, if you planned far enough in advance!
If you’re planning on hosting this for an adult celebrating a “2” in their age, spice things up with some of my patriotic food and drink recipes shared here!